Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Countdown to Extinction VS. The Black Album

The two must successful and well known albums of each band in a steel cage death match against each other, the winner decided by yours truly, Hard Harry412!




Who shall be the victor in this clash of THRASH TITAN ALBUMS?




Hard Harry412 decides for.... MEGADETHS 'COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION'!

1.) While 'The Black Album' is probably better over-all, 'Countdown' has more GOOD songs!

'Black' in my mind has two really good songs that I like: 'Enter Sandman' and 'Wherever I May Roam' whilst 'Countdown' features three: 'Skin 'O My Teeth', 'Symphony of Destruction', and 'Foreclosure Of A Dream'.  It is hard to win when it comes down to 3 vs. 2!!




2.) When comparing these two I can't help but notice that 'The Black Album' sounds just way more produced.  I mean it was made with Bob Rock for crying out loud!  So as an Alternative Rocker who also likes noise rock I just am more drawn to the rawer sound of 'Countdown'

The rhythm section on the 'Black Album' actually I think sounds the best.  Lars bass drum still sounds pretty cool on this one (it was one of the main things I liked about '... And Justice For All) and Newsteads bass sounds deep and cool, but the two guitars just don't sound all that good to my ear.  I like Megadeths guitar sound way better!!!  HAIL MEGADETH!  Hail 'Countdown to Extinction!'



No comments:

Post a Comment