Monday, February 11, 2013

KISS - Ace Frehley

An astounding showcase of Space Aces abilities!




He has always been my favorite member of KISS.  I am big into sci-fi so the whole character works for me.  Plus he is an awesome guitar player!  If only he had not gotten into booze or drugs he may have become a truly legendary guitar player, as it stands Frehley is sort of a B-level guitar player thanks to his legacy of work in the 1970s, but he hasn't really done anything after that!  (even Jimmy Page had Page/ Plant later on!!!)




Also there is one other thing that I like about Space Ace... His voice!  He is actually my favorite KISS vocalist, I just think he sounds cool.  I find it hard to believe that he was worried about being a good enough singer earlier in KISSes history!




'Ace Frehley' is jam packed with all sorts of awesome guitar solos and other guitar goodness that many of the mainline KISS catalogue lack.  I think Gene and Paul probably write songs to have good choruses and verses and what not and don't really even put much thought into the guitar solos on the songs that they write, well that is not a problem on 'Ace Frehley' where the soloing is free to shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment