Sunday, February 3, 2013

Metallica - The Black Album

Metallica just keeps churning out good albums!




There was a lot of controversy about 'The Black Album' when it came out... Metallica was trying to 'sell out' and other non-sense.




Over the years I have decided that is a bunch of crap.  Imagine if you will that Metallica had never made 'Master of Puppets' and '...and Justice for All'.  In this Bearded Spock-ian Alternate Universe then I think that 'The Black Album' would be a natural successor to 'Ride the Lightning'.  Why the heck don't other folks see that?!?!?!

I just don't see this album as that radical a departure from what the band had done in the past.  I can logically hear the same band that made 'Kill 'Em All' making this record when listening to it. Really Metallica wouldn't start making some radical changes to their sound until later... and that is a whole 'nother blog post!

Anyhow this album is great and is chock full of good songs and good videos!  I like it better than 'Master of Puppets' which is supposedly most hard-core Metallica fans favorite.




Probably my favorite song on here would be ''Whereever I May Roam'.  It is probably my second favorite Metallica song, after 'Fade to Black'.  That video really makes me want to go to a Metallica concert!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment