Saturday, February 9, 2013

KISS - You Wanted the Best, You Got the Best!!

A nice KISS tid-bit released during the reunion era!




This album has gotten massively slammed by the critics, but I still like it for the four 'new' unreleased tracks on it!!  Anytime something surfaces with the four original members of KISS on it I am on it like white on rice because those dudes frickin' rocked back in the 1970s!  They influenced legions of Hard Rockers and Alternative Rockers (not the least of which being one Kurt Cobain!!!!  Not to shabby a Legacy.)




The version of 'Two Timer' on here is great!  Probably better then the studio version.  Also I really like 'Take Me'.  That is a totally good rocker and one of my favorite KISS songs so having a cool 'Alive 2' era version of it is totally awesome!

There is just too much smack being talked about this album out there.  Some of the crazy rumors include stuff like they over-dubbed new vocals on these circa 1977 recordings in like 1996!  I find that very doubtful and even if they did do that it still sounds good!  The final product is good and I like it for what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment