Monday, February 4, 2013

Dinosaur Jr. - Green Mind

At first I didn't really like 'Green Mind'...




... but over the years I have come around on it and really like it!  The one thing that I can say positive about this album is I think this is the only Dinosaur Jr. album where J Mascis really made an attempt to really sing!  I give J big time credit for trying and to be honest he is not half bad on some of the songs on here.




Many of the songs on here are great!  'The Wagon' is a classic Dino rocker and one of their more popular live songs.

Also 'Water' is an interesting exercise in  psychedelic-ia.




There are some bad songs on here, which is pretty rare for Dinosaur Jr., and it includes 'Flying Cloud' which I just have never been that really into.



Also the studio version of 'Thumb' on here isn't really that good.  The Mellotron playing the main riff is just sort of wussy Live however (when J plays the main riff with a guitar all distorted and grungey) it is an awesome mid-tempo jam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment