Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Beastie Boys - Check Your Head B-sides

The remastered version of 'Check Your Head' I have has almost another whole albums worth of B-sides as a bonus!




There are some great jams on here!

My favorite is 'Skills to Pay the Bills', which I have been familiar with for a long time since one of the Beasties VHS video tapes I had back in the day was titled 'Skills to Pay the Bills' after the song!  The song is an up-tempo jam with the Beasties rapping with some distorted mics that sound cool and grungey.  I wish more rappers sounded like this as I would listen to rap more often then.  Heck this may be my favorite Beastie jam!




The other two songs I like on here are both just sort of fun throw-away types:

'Nettys Girl' is a humorous old-style rap that also has Mike D. singing to.  It is just real humorous.




The other one is 'Boomin' Granny'.  This song is off the hook!  With different lyrics this could have been a hit song in the '80s!  Even by the early '90s it sounded kind of old school!

No comments:

Post a Comment