Monday, January 14, 2013

KISS - Alive!

Forget about this being one of the greatest live albums ever... it is one of the greatest albums ever, period!




Everything about this album is great, I wish I had gotten into it sooner, but I always passed it by because it was a live album.  Big mistake!

What sticks out to me the most is how much of monster guitar player Ace was at this time!  He ruled!  It is too bad that alcohol and drugs messed him up and lets be honest here he did not fully develop as a guitar player because of it .  But in the end he still kicks total ass on here, and that counts for a lot.




I don't care about the 'over-dubbing' controversy.  This album is good for what it is.  Hey if they did some overdubs, so what?  The final product is still amazing and I still enjoy it!

My favorite track on here are 'Strutter' and 'Nothin' to Lose'

No comments:

Post a Comment