Friday, January 18, 2013

Soundgarden - Louder Than Love

This is the only Soundgarden album that I really dislike.  That is really saying something considering that I consider anything involving Chris Cornell to be like my 3rd favorite musical thing (w/ #1 being Leonard Cohen and #2 being Dinosaur Jr/ J Mascis solo)




What are the albums good points?  Well I like Kim Thayils guitar playing.  He really comes into his own on this one.  But sadly the drums and bass just don't sound that good and are in fact way to low in the mix too!  Also I just don't like the way the album sounds, period.  Just don't like it.  It is certainly not because I am some Soundgarden hater because I literally love ALL their other albums.




Chris Cornells vocals... Ugh, he is one of my favorite vocalists, but here he is just doing this high pitched shrieking all the time.  I like it more when he is doing like a more bluesy-soulful type of singing and using his deep register more.

Ya' know the really sad thing about this album is that I like the B-sides way more then the regular tracks too!  'Heretic', 'Come Together' and 'Fresh Deadly Roses' are all way better then at least half the regular tracks!  What the hell!  Really the only regular track on the album I really really like is 'Big Dumb Sex'.  What an awesome riff!

No comments:

Post a Comment