Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dinosaur Jr - You're Living All Over Me

This album is sick!




This has to be one of my favorite DJ albums (although it is not my fave)

It is just so freaking LOUD.  DJ managed to capture some of the spirit of their live show in the studio for probably the first time with this album (I have seen them twice live)




There is not a bad song in the bunch.  I constantly change my mind on which one is my fave.  Right now I would say 'The Lung'.  It used to be a staple concert opener for them so I think pretty highly of it because of that.




They are always putting different versions of this album out.  The one I had back in the day had a live cover of 'Show me the way' at the end.  Now my remastered 'contemporary' version has 'Just like Heaven' as the last song.  They should make a super deluxe version with both songs on there to please all fans possible!

Also I really dislike the album cover!  What the heck, is that a space alien?  When I had my CD copy back in the early '90s I just pulled out the cover sleeve and tossed it I must admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment