Sunday, January 20, 2013

Leonard Cohen - Cohen Live

This is one of my favorite albums!




This album has great nostalgic and sentimental value to me since I was lucky enough to see Leonard Cohen on 'The Future World Tour'.  Most of the tracks on this live album are taken from that tour!

The songs recorded in 1993 sound almost exactly like Cohen sounded live on the tour.  There is absolutely no over-dubbing controversy here like there is with some of KISSes albums!  The guy who plays violin on here (Bob Furgo) is awesome!  Never thought I would be into violins before, but this album has me sold on them!




Everything about this album is great, I even like the cover-art with its purples with redish-orange lights!

This album also helps to showcase some of Cohens Black/ Dead-pan humor like his humorous lyrics about a relationship being over on 'Bird on a Wire'.  It is funny as hell and when I saw him live the audience was laughing big time!

My favorite track on here is 'Joan of Arc'.  This live version is SO superior to the studio version. Having the female back up singer take on some of the verses was a stroke of genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment