Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Smiths - The Smiths

Growing up in the '80s there are really only three big musical memories I have:




1.) Hearing 'Black Sabbath' by Black Sabbath and being hella' scarred.

2.) Hearing KISSes 'Love It Loud' and thinking it sounded big and cool

3.) And finally hearing The Smiths 'How Soon is Now?'

So the Smiths (along with Nirvana) can easily be credited with getting me into Alternative Rock.

And as it is 2013 Hard Harry412 just happens to have 'The Smiths - Complete' an awesome remastering of (almost) their entire discography that supposedly was over-seen by Johnny Marr!  ZOMG!




Listening to their debut 'The Smiths' from complete is awesome!  It sounds great!  I did notice that 'Hand In Glove' on here sounds different then the single version that I have heard else-where.




My one bummer with this first album though is the last song, 'Suffer Little Children'.  It just totally harshes my mellow.  Well I guess artists do need to sometimes explore these darker parts of life though.

Oh yeah and Johnny Marr kicks total ass!  He recently performed with one of my favorite bands Dinosaur Jr!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment