Friday, January 25, 2013

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

Another album from the The Smiths box set 'Complete'!




This one is mostly a compilation of live recordings and some singles.  It is a good mix however, not just some jumble forged together at the last minute.




This album may be my favorite Smiths album!  It has some of their best songs on here!  'How Soon is Now?' is probably my favorite song of theirs!  It is some 30 years later and it still sounds cool!  I can't believe that Moz laid down the vocals in like only two takes!  I wonder how many Millenials have never even heard the original and have only heard Love Spit Loves version from 'Charmed'?  Bet there are quite a few out there!




The other crucial song on here is 'Heaven Knows I am Miserable Now'.  The lyrics are funny as hell.  I like how The Smiths and Moz can on one song be totally deadly serious and then on the next they have this total Black Humor thing going on.

There is one odd thing about this album though... It doesn't have 'This Night Has Opened My Eyes' which should supposedly be on here!  I guess it is on another album on 'Complete'  See there are U.K. releases and U.S. releases out there that differ so it gets kind of confusing as to what is on what!

No comments:

Post a Comment