Saturday, January 12, 2013

Leonard Cohen - Death of a Ladies Man

This album is like 'Whoa!'  It is just so strange and different.




It is sort of like Chris Cornells 'Scream', it is just such a change from what one expected that when you listen to it your are kind of shocked.  Then for me there is a sort of acceptance that comes into play and a liking of the new direction!  Also the fact that there is just one 'crazy' record of this style recorded makes it sort of special and it just sticks out from the rest of Cohens discography.




Frankly I like this 'Wall of Sound' version of Leonard Cohen better his early '60s era recordings that are just sort of bare sounding.

The one song on here I really dislike though is 'finger-prints'.  I think I just dislike it due to the track listing.  Why on earth would you put a country song after a funk song?!?!?!

In the end this is totally top shelf in my Leonard Cohen collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment