Monday, January 21, 2013

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Metallica first four albums are thought to constitute a 'Classic Quartet' and out of that most folks consider 'Master' to be the best album.  




Hard Harry412 dissents from that view!  Currently I like 'Ride the Lightning' better.  It is a little rawer sounding, the way I like my albums.  Hey I am at base an 'Alternative Rocker' who likes lots of guitar distortion, just the way it is!  'Master' just sounds a little to produced for me and also I think Metallica started to get way to technical/ progressive rock with some of the songs.  




The title song 'Master of Puppets' is a little over-hyped as well!  It is just a generic mid-tempo Metallica jam and I don't really see why it is fawned over so much. 

Don't get me wrong though this is over-all a great album with some excellent songs on here!




Songs I like on here include 'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' and 'Disposable Heroes'.  




'Disposable Heroes' is sick and sounds like an out-take from 'Ride the Lightning'!  'Master of Puppets' and 'Welcome Home' get hella' radio play on the Metal station around here, but I don't think I have ever heard 'Disposable Heroes' on there and that is a crime!!!  It kicks all possible ass!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment