Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dinosaur Jr. - Dinosaur

Dino is my second favorite band!  I love the loud noise rock they create.  J.s guitar playing is also my favorite.  I like his solos more then I like Eddie Van Halens!




'Dinosaur' is their first album and truth be told it is little more then a glorified demo in studio quality.  One wonders how much they spent to record it.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was less then for other legendary cheap-o debuts like Bathorys ($2,000) or Nirvanas ($600).  However the lack of production isn't really an issue for an alternative rocker like me who actually likes noise rock and lo-fi type acts.



To me the highlight of this album is the amount of songs where Lou Barlow is the lead singer!  It is probably more then half.  It is nice to see Big Lou get a chance to shine.  Not only is J my favorite guitar player, but Lou is my favorite bass player.  He just gets this real cool loud bass sound to come out of that thing.




The highlight of this album is most likely 'Repulsion'.  It has that signature Dinosaur Jr. sound and has become a regular on their set-list ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment