Sunday, January 13, 2013

Juliana Hatfield - Only Everything

This may be my most favorite Juliana Hatfield album!




She really turns up the distortion on this album and it seems like she is trying to channel some Dinosaur Jr./ noise rock influence into her sound.




This is the record where Juliana started to get the reputation for being a 'guitar goddess'!  Such a rep is well deserved in my mind!




Some of the songs do take a little getting warmed up to,  Like 'outsider' for instance, but that is just because it was a real unorthodox drum sound at the beginning.  Other-wise it is a great song and has, over time, become one my faves on here!




My favorite song on here is 'My Darling' because it totally has dynamics and the part that rocks really rocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment