Sunday, January 13, 2013

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Pretty good album from Megadeth.




I really like the two singles that start off the album.  'Holy Wars' is awesome and totally fast.

'Hangar 18' just might be my favorite Megadeth song.  The fact that it is sci-fi themed is an added bonus as I am totally into Aliens and what-not.

Also I am sure I have heard 'Tornado of Souls' on the metal radio around here so it has a sort of added familiarity to it that I like.




Some of the other songs though don't really do it for me.  Megadeth were adding in all these un-needed bass intros to some of these songs.  I think it would have just been heavier to just get right into the songs like on some of Megadeths earlier albums!  Still this is a damn good album.

The only real clunker is 'Dawn Patrol'... who the heck does the vocals on that one?  It doesn't even sound like Mustaine to me....



No comments:

Post a Comment