Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Leonard Cohen - Songs From the Road

A live compilation of odds and ends that didn't make it onto L.C.s last album.




There are some good tracks on here!  I like 'Heart With No Companion' as 'Various Positions' is one of my favorite L.C. albums.

Also the version of 'Avalanche' on here is interesting compared to the other songs.  It is played very similar to its studio version, without any of the musical sound-scape and new arrangements that the backing band play on many of the other songs.




Also 'Lover, Lover, Lover' is pretty good.  I have never liked the studio version or even really cared for that song to be honest, but the live version on here has caused me to re-think that and I like this live version that sounds a little slowed down and more groovy.



No comments:

Post a Comment